Sunday, March 2, 2014

Teenage Mutant Movie Club



I saw Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for my ninth birthday. I remember it distinctly because I was nuts about the Ninja Turtles. Also, they almost didn’t let my mom into the theatre because they’d oversold the movie.

Movies are funny like that – triggering memories when we watch them. It’s something I love about Guelph Movie Club. It’s not just seeing an old movie that we love. It’s about taking us back in time and reminding why we loved a movie in the first place.

//End digression//

We’re showing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for Guelph Movie Club Episode 15 on March 27th at 7:00 p.m. (note the start time).

Before the movie starts, I’ll be announcing the winning movie for Episode 16, the April GMC. You'll have a chance to nominate movies for Episode 17, so start thinking about what movie you’d like to see back on the big screen.

Don’t forget to visit the Bookshelf Facebook and Twitter pages for voting and more details!

What it all comes down to, I suppose, is this: Cowabunga!

Till then, see you at the movies.

 - Danny W.

No comments:

Post a Comment